Tuesday, November 5, 2013

rainbow dinosaur

Did you hear about this?! There is a rainbow dinosaur! And I want one!

See, there's this thing that happens in the towns around me. People paint statues. This may happen in other communities, too. I don't really know. I'm not allowed to leave New England.

One town painted terriers. (My very favorite breed!) Another town painted sneakers. I think one town does bears.

I don't know the rules, but I guess some people apply to have the chance to paint them and then they display them around the town.

Well, in Granby, they did dinosaurs! The brontosaurus, or, more accurately, the apatosaurus, was their dinosaur of choice.

6-year-old kids decided how they wanted the dino designed and raised money to have somebody paint it like a rainbow! Because 6-year-olds are GENIUSES.

Apparently somebody didn't like it. Complaining that it promoted gay pride. First of all, who cares? Can't a dinosaur love whoever it wants? Third of all, rainbows are awesome whether they represent something or not. Seventhly and finally, IT'S A RAINBOW DINOSAUR AND THERE IS NOTHING COOLER THAN THAT.

Luckily, the town decided that it was ok to display the rainbow dinosaur. Because the town knows that real art uses every color. And dinosaurs. And rainbow dinosaurs.

I tell you all of this because I would like a pet rainbow dinosaur. We would fly all around the world and eat gelato and grapes and other foods that begin with the letter G.

We would also perform musical numbers about historical architecture. Because we've been working on words that rhyme with "colosseum."

I'm off to meet with Liam at the colosseum.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment