Wednesday, December 4, 2013

on your way out

This is the email I got from my mother this morning:

"Hi,

Here is the music I want for my funeral.

Be Not Afraid
Hosea
Ave Maria
When the Saints Go Marchin' In

They may give you a hard time about the last one, but I really want it sung on my way out.  (bad pun!)

Have a nice day!!!

Love,
Mom"

Sooooooooo...that's my mom! She is pretty amazing. I mean, seriously, who decides that their last moments above ground should be a bad pun?!

MY MOTHER DOES! So if you ever wondered why I turned out the way I did, this should reveal A LOT.

It's a rare day that you wake up, go to work, and check your email to find a message from your mother about her funeral.

Best part? Ending it with "Have a nice day!!!" Not one, not TWO, BUT THREE exclamation points!

Still no email from Dad about his songs. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about any songs at his funeral. Or a funeral in general. He probably just wants his ashes put on a cruise ship that travels the world.

He loves cruises. I think it's the towel animals that make it so much fun for him. Or maybe that's me.

I love my parents. I don't think they know how NOT to be amazing. And hilarious.

Hopefully you get emails about funeral mix tapes from your parents, too.

If not, you should write one to them. Trust me. They'll find it funny.

I'm off to march the saint in.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment