Monday, December 30, 2013

shhh…no more words

Every year people who write articles online tell me what words I should STOP using. These people claim they are “experts” in "wordology." I am very "skeptical" of that "claim."

I know they actually have people who read their articles. Unlike me. I don't technically have "readers." But really, what is “reading?” Is it the act of looking at words on a page and then remembering some of them to make some sort of coherent story?

Or is it writing a blog that is put online for the entirety of the internet to “absorb” into its collective?

I say the second one. Quotes and all.

So what word pops up on all these lists of words that we shouldn’t use anymore? YOLO!

If you are unfamiliar with it, it stands for Your Orange Looks Organic.

Wait…that’s not it. That’s just what I said to that lady in the produce section. She did NOT appreciate my compliment.

It means You Only Live Once. I think all these wordycists are upset with this phrase because it’s not true for many people.

James Bond, for example. He lived at least twice.

He likes to tweet #YOLT. Which is WAY more fun to say.

Also, Time Lords. Like The Doctor. It’s more like #YOLTTUTTLGYMRFTPDGYAUAOER

You Only Live Thirteen Times Unless The Time Lords Grant You More Regenerations From Their Pocket Dimension Giving You An Unspecified Amount Of Extra Regenerations

So, yeah, you might see that in a lot of tweets. Because, you know, it happens. I just saw it happen.

I’m off to #YOLETTMTWAHDSRANFTMTYHAKAAEM

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment