Friday, January 3, 2014

go home text, you’re drunk

Scientists in Canada have successfully sent a text message...using vodka! This is totally true!

Now you don’t even have to drink to send a drunken text message! “Science: Making texts from last night more efficient!”

They texted “O Canada” across a room. 4 meters in fact! If you don’t know what a meter is, it’s like a Canadian yardstick.

They entered the letters. Then used a spray bottle full of vodka to spray the text in binary code. Then a little fan got the vodka across the room to the receiver.

I never said it was high tech. They only had $100 and a bottle of vodka. It’s not like anybody was going to fund this project.

Though, I know people who would have a VERY different night if they only had $100 and a bottle of vodka.

At least with the Canadian scientists, I don’t have to pick them up from the carousel at the county fair at 3AM.

This all leads me to believe that Canada needs better mobile phone service. I don’t know what Verizon or ATT are doing, but they clearly aren’t putting up enough towers there.

But if Absolut needs a business partner, I’m pretty sure that we’d do pretty well setting up a bunch of cell towers that sprayed vodka.

I’m off to pick up my friend. He’s stuck in a trunk. An elephant’s trunk. Again.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment