Thursday, April 24, 2014

the sprouts are outs

So I tried some Brussels sprouts the other day. It was a frozen meal. It was sprouts with butter.

It was…ok. I haven’t had Brussels sprouts very often. I had them a few years ago and they were good. I don’t remember the recipe, but it was not microwaved from a box.

As I was eating these leafy greens and watching My Little Pony, I thought about the name. Why are they called Brussels sprouts? Does it have to do with the actual city of Brussels?

YES! It does! I guess that’s where they started growing them a lot and the name just stuck!

Should they be possessive? Like, Brussels’ sprouts? Showing Brusselseses ownership of them?

Whoa! Did you know that there is a mathematical game called sprouts? And there is a variation called Brussels Sprouts?!

It’s true! You have to use a pencil to play. And paper. It’s probably fun for mathematicians. It involves dots and lines. Euler is mentioned in there. And you know what they say in math, “Nothing’s cooler than Euler!” (It's math...it doesn't have to rhyme.)

Am I the only one here getting excited about Mathematical Vegetables?! (That would be a good band name.)

I bet the game is as fun as the vegetable tastes. Maybe if they put butter on the pencil and paper, it would be slightly better.

Didn’t work for the vegetable, but you know, Math Butter. (Also a good band name.)

I’m not sure what that is, but it sounds gross.

Unless Fabio was selling it to me. “I can’t believe it’s not math.”

I’m off to butter my logarithm.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment