Monday, June 23, 2014

maybe I use too many words

So, the popular app right now is “Yo.” Which sends messages to your contacts. But the only message it sends is “Yo.”

Seriously. That’s it. If you haven’t heard about this, well…Yo.

Now you have.

When I write, I actually try to make it about a page. The old standard piece of paper. 8.5x11. I’m sure you’ve seen one before in a museum.

Kids, ask your parents what paper is.

Now, in the ye olden days (like, last week), if I wanted to say “Yo” to a friend, I would have to open the messaging app, tap on someone’s name, tap a "y," then an "o," then tap send. I guess a period would be in there, too.

That’s six taps! With the Yo app, you open the app and then tap a person’s name and that’s it! Two taps! That is a savings of FOUR taps!

Imagine what you could do with that time! You could Yo two more people!

The Yo people say that “Yo” can mean anything you want. It depends on the context.

I have one issue with that. THERE IS NO CONTEXT. Yo within a context of Yo only means Yo! It can mean nothing else!

Am I the only one who sees this?!

Clearly I am too verbose. I mean, I’ve used, like, 225 words so far. That's way more than two letters. When I could have just put “Yo” on the top and been done with it. The context of the Yo is CLEARLY apparent!

This has to be a joke. Maybe in a week we’ll find out that it was a clever prank on the world and I didn’t get it.

Let’s hope that happens. Soon. Please.

I’m off to yo.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment