Thursday, June 19, 2014

hello, my name is awesome

Wouldn’t you be thankful if your parents named you Awesome?

You would! And that’s why a woman is trying to change her daughter’s middle name!

A woman in Alaska had a daughter a few years ago. Here name is Viviana Contea Flores. When mom was pregnant, she asked her 11-year-old son to help her pick a name.

He said Danger. Because her son knows what cool is.

Mom said no to that. So he asked about giving the new baby the middle name of Awesome.

Mom said no to that, too! I mean, seriously, why ask if you’re going to say no to perfectly valid names?

But! Mom has finally realized that Awesome is an AWESOME name! And is trying to change it legally!

If you want my advice, why not go all the way? Danger Awesome Flores is a great name. Or even Awesome Danger Flores.

But really, what’s the point of a middle name? Your last name identifies your family. I guess it’s useful when addressing people with proper titles or something. And the first name is what people call you.

I suppose some people want to be called by their middle name if they don’t like their first name. Also, some parents give their children multiple middle names. I don’t know why. Maybe they couldn’t decide on just one? Or they want them to write fantasy books? Just add "R.R." and you have a hit!

Can I get some more middle names? I think I would like to add Awesome to my name. Maybe Purple. Or TARDIS! That’s a good one!

Or just change my name completely! To Awesome R.R. Purple TARDIS!

Now I understand the middle name! Without it, there would be no Purple! And I like Purple!

Sometimes I just amaze myself.

I’m off to Alaska. R.R.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment