Monday, June 30, 2014

taxes and pose

Have you heard about this “yoga tax” that could happen in D.C.? This is crazy. They want to add a tax to gyms so it will cost more to be healthy. As if trying to be healthy isn’t hard enough, now they want to make it more expensive!

I kinda understand taxes. I know that stuff costs money. Roads need to be fixed and the government needs money for that. I know that spending isn’t always done well, but it’s still needed.

So, taxes on gases makes sense because gas fuels the cars and the cars mess up the roads and the roads need to get fixed. I know that’s very simplified and idealist, but the basic premise is logical, right? But what’s the point of taxing exercise? It’s not like the government does anything to fix the gym equipment!

I HATE going to the gym. I go, but it’s a battle EVERY SINGLE TIME. It’s so hard to force myself to go. There is NOTHING fun about the gym or exercise. Sitting at home and eating and watching TV IS fun.

I go to the gym because I’m told it’s good for me. I don’t come home feeling better about myself or healthy. I come home tired and sweaty. Then I eat and watch TV, because, as stated earlier, THAT IS FUN.

For years, there have been lots of newsy things saying that there’s an “obesity epidemic.” Exercise COULD be helpful against that, right?

SO WHY MAKE IT HARDER ON PEOPLE.

That’s like telling people that it’s healthier to eat fruits and vegetables, but we’re going to add fists to them and they will punch you before you eat them.

Or like telling people that you need to go to the dentist, but you’re going to have to hold electric eels with pet snakes during the checkup.

Or like tell you that there’s going to be a new Transformers movie.

So. Much. Hurt.

Let’s hope they realize this is a bad idea. Not just the tax, all of these ideas.

I’m off to king pigeon pose.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment