Wednesday, July 2, 2014

it’s knit woven

I was looking at my shirts the other day and wondering why they are different. This might be common knowledge to most people, I don’t know. But if it is NOT, then you are in for a treat!

I know my button-up shirts are made of cotton. The tag tells me that. I ALSO know that my t-shirts are made of cotton. Right! Because of the magical tag! It's tagical!

But! The button-ups are not nearly as comfy as the t-shirts! They’re not whooshy! The button-up shirts are very stiff and don’t move around as easily and I couldn’t figure out why.

I mean, they’re both 100% cotton! Completely cotton! There is nothing but cotton on these shirts! I bet the tags and buttons are made of cotton! Because they are 100% COTTON.

So why the difference? Well…this took some intense online research. I couldn’t figure out the best way to search for it because NOTHING was coming up. Sometimes I confoogle google.

Finally, I thought of underwear. Yes! Underwear saved the day! I remembered that Hanes has different kinds of boxers. Some are like a t-shirt and some are like a button-up. So I went to their website to find out what they called them.

Wovens and knits. THAT is the difference! It has to do with HOW they connect the cotton! Knits can stretch a lot more. Making them much whooshier. Woven cottons are made to nonwhoosh.

Now you know. And now I know. I still don’t know why they don’t make knit button-up shirts. Knit-shirts are so much more comfortable! They move with me. And if you know me, I gots crazy moves.

I’m like an octopus with a beat.

You have an iPod? I have a cephaloPod.

Boom to the loom. Take THAT cotton.

I’m off to knit and weave.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment