Thursday, November 1, 2012

trick or tre...oh...nobody there


Another Halloween and no candy given out. I wasn't sure this year.

See, I've lived in a few different apartments and sometimes they're near a road and sometimes not. Last year, I moved to a new place VERY close to the road, so I thought I might get some trick-or-treaters!

Then a giant snow monster came and destroyed Halloween.

This year, I bought candy...again...and wondered if somebody might come by. We were pretty clear after the hurricane, so I thought there might be a chance.

OH! Speaking of the hurricane! I have some neighbors who live in houses with yards. I don't have a yard, but they do! One of these neighbors did NOT clean the leaves from their yard AT ALL. You couldn't actually see the grass. It was all leaves. It was pretty cool.

Then the hurricane came and blew ALL of his leaves into the yard next door! A yard that WAS clean!

Yesterday, when I got home from worky, previously clean-yard-man was blowing the leaves BACK to the previously leaved yard.

It was awesome and apposite. (Can you tell I learned a new word?)

After the leaf boundary battle, I got ready for Halloween. Ghost candle, spooky music, bowl full of jelly. I was good to go.

Then nobody came.

Now I'm stuck with 370 pieces of candy.

Well...363...I couldn't help myself.

Fine...347. But I have an excuse! I got a bag with Skittles! You can't say no to tasting the rainbow!

I'm off to count backwards from 347.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment