Friday, October 18, 2013

and knitting and knitting and knitting

In Norway, you can watch people knit on TV! LIVE!

They plan on showing somebody break the world record of non-stop knitting. Well, attempt to break the record.

The record is 4 hours and 50 minutes. So they have blocked out 5 hours to have somebody do it, without stopping, so they can unravel that record.

Now, if you don't want to go into this wondering what knitting is, they are going to show a 4-hour documentary on every step it takes to get the wool from a sheep to a cozy sweater.

That's a full NINE HOURS OF KNITTING. Because people in Norway are so completely relaxed and chill that this is what they consider "action."

Don't believe me? They are doing this because of the great ratings they got when they showed logs of wood on fire until they just...stopped...burning. Also, they showed UNEDITED salmon fishing. Just sitting there...waiting...waiting...waiting for something salmony to happen.

THIS is what I call reality TV. No editing. No script. Just. Stuff. Happening.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE knitting. Knitters have given me a scarf, fingerless gloves, and a tie. (Yes, I have a tie made of yarn. Because my knitting friends are amazingly awesome and hilarious.)

But I don't know if I could handle watching somebody knit for 5 hours. That might be a little too crazy for me. I mean, I sometimes get too excited just staring at the TV when it's unplugged. I can't imagine how wild things would get if I actually plugged it in AND turned it on!

Whoa...I have to calm down. I'm getting a little light-headed.

I'm off to relax and see what's on the blank screen.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment