Friday, March 2, 2012

reach for the skies...and touch them

Clouds are falling! So catch them if you can! Like Pokemon!

Well...less like Pokemon and more like...um...Cloudemon...or something...

So yeah, clouds are falling. NASA has this Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer (MISR) that just sits there and watches clouds all day. That's MISR's job. For the last decade!

That is a sweet job! I would totally do that for NASA. I'm great at watching clouds! I would even write down what shapes they were!

ME: "Here's my log for the day."

NASA: "Are you sure this is your final report."

ME: "Sir! Yes, Sir!"

NASA: "All is says is 'unicorns' and 'stegosauruseses' again."

ME: "I know! Those clouds need to work on some new shapes! See you tomorrow, boss!"

NASA: "...we shoulda kept MISR..."

MISR (not me) has noticed that clouds are about 100 or so feet closer to the ground these days.

What does that mean? Well, it could actually help with the effects of climate change. Or, make it worse. So...yeah...not really a definitive answer.

But with lower clouds, it WILL be easier to surf on them! So that's cool! My friend, Kit Cloudkicker, and I love doing that. We're hoping it's in the olympics someday.

I keep calling the olympics to ask them to add it, but they never call back. I'm not sure why. Maybe they don't like the nickname "Ollie."

I'm off to see cloud shapes.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment